If you can smell gas, or think fumes containing carbon monoxide are coming from a gas appliance, or a pipeline is struck (even if no gas leak has occurred) call the free Gas Emergency Services line immediately on 0800 111 999.
Open all doors and windows to ventilate your home.
Check gas appliances are off.
Do not turn on or off any electrical switches.
Don’t smoke, light a match or use any type of naked flame.
If there are any electrical security entry locks, open the door manually.
Leave your property, wait outside and notify your neighbours.
If you have a power cut, call your Distribution Network Operator on 105. Before you call, make sure you’ve checked your trip switch in case there is a fault in your home.