To ensure that we are handling the deceased's account correctly, we shall require a copy of the death certificate & the details as well as authorisation of the new account holder.
Any debit/ credit that remains in the account shall be handled by the estate executor.
What are the documentation that you would need to process a bereavement?
- The death certificate: We request this in line with Data Protection policy to allow us to make the required amendments to the deceased’s account in their absence.
- The confirmation of the Executor of the Deceased's estate. We request this so that in the instance that we are refunding payments made by the Deceased that such refunds are being made to the correct persons and in accordance with the Deceased’s wishes. For this purpose, we are able to accept:
- A copy of the grant of probate for the Deceased naming the Executor(s)
- An excerpt of the Deceased’s last will and testament naming their Executor(s)
- A letter headed solicitors letter confirming the Executor(s) for the Deceased.